Are you trying to lớn join a Zoom meeting but repeatedly receiving an error message? Is the error displayed on your Zoom meeting, Zoom Invalid Meeting ID error? If so, this article explains the methods lớn fix Invalid Meeting ID error on Zoom. Read the article khổng lồ the end to know how to lớn fix Zoom Invalid Meeting ID Error.
Bạn đang xem: What does it mean when zoom says “invalid meeting id”?
How khổng lồ Fix Zoom Invalid Meeting ID Error in Windows 10
The possible reasons for which you might receive the Invalid Meeting ID error are listed below:Incorrect Meeting ID: The Meeting ID you have entered on the entry bar may be incorrect. You might have entered a wrong meeting ID that differs in a character or numerical value. Otherwise, you might have entered the meeting ID of any other Zoom call và received the error message.The host has ended the meeting: If the host ends the meeting you are trying to lớn connect to, you may not be able khổng lồ connect khổng lồ the Zoom call and receive the error message.Account login on many devices: If you have logged in khổng lồ your trương mục on many devices, the meeting may not be connected, & thereby, you will receive an error message.Temporary glitch on the Zoom app: If you are continuously using the Zoom app, you may notice that the ứng dụng gets stuck, & you may not be able lớn connect to your Zoom call.VPN/Proxy Interference: VPN/Proxy might interfere with the connection on the Zoom app, & you may not be able khổng lồ connect to your meeting.Outdated Google Chrome: If Google Chrome is outdated, you may not be able to lớn be in a Zoom meeting without any disturbance on the Zoom web.
Note: The methods described in the article are based on Windows 10 PC và are subject to change on any other OS.
Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Before proceeding further, try these basic troubleshooting methods that are described below. You can try implementing the methods to see if you can fix Invalid Meeting ID error on Zoom.Ensure that the meeting ID you have entered in the bar is correct & valid. In other words, you have to make sure it is alpha-numerically correct. Copy the meeting ID from your invitation & paste it on the bar lớn avoid the mistake.Contact the host to kiểm tra if the meeting has ended or is in progress.Contact the host & ask for the exact meeting ID or ask him lớn resend you an invitation lớn the meeting. Try connecting your Zoom gọi with the new meeting ID in the invitation.One can add up khổng lồ 100 participants to lớn a Zoom meeting, including the host. You need to kiểm tra if the number of participants added is within the limit và that you can be at the meeting. Contact the host khổng lồ get clarification on the same.Sometimes, other participants or the host may have removed you accidentally, and if you try signing back in immediately, you may see an Invalid Meeting ID error on your app. If this is the case, try joining the meeting after some time.To avoid the Zoom Invalid Meeting ID error, it is necessary khổng lồ have a stable mạng internet connection with good speed. It is advised to check the Wi-Fi connection và connect your PC to a good Wi-Fi connection.If your Zoom app is stuck for a long time và thus gives you a meeting ID error, then a simple Restart can solve the issue.If restarting the Zoom Client doesn’t help you, restart your PC.
Method 1: Run Zoom as Administrator
If you continuously face meeting ID error issues while using the Zoom app, run the ứng dụng as an Administrator. To do this, follow the below steps.
1. Press Windows + D keys simultaneously to mở cửa your system Desktop.
2. Right-click on the Zoom phầm mềm icon in the Desktop and select Run as Administrator option in the list.
Method 2: Run Zoom phầm mềm in Compatibility mode
If the problem lies in the incompatibility of Windows with the Zoom app, you can run the ứng dụng in compatibility mode. This method, however, doesn’t guarantee the chất lượng of Zoom call you get in the advanced version. Follow the steps mentioned below lớn fix Zoom Invalid Meeting ID error.
1. Right-click on the Zoom ứng dụng icon in the Desktop folder and select Properties in the drop-down menu.
2. Navigate khổng lồ the Compatibility tab in the next window.
3. Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for: option
4. Click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
Also Read: How lớn Play Outburst on Zoom
Method 3: Update Zoom App
If the Zoom app installed on your PC is outdated, you need lớn update the ứng dụng on your PC. Lớn update the Zoom ứng dụng on your PC, follow the steps below.
1. Press the Windows key, type zoom & click on Open.
2. Click on your profile picture at the top-right corner of the home page of your app.
3. Select the Check for Updates option in the menu displayed.
4A. If the application is up-to-date, you will receive a message saying You are up khổng lồ date.
4B. If there is an update available, it will automatically update the app. Click Update Now.
Method 4: Remove Background on Zoom App
If there are a lot of filters và if the background on the Zoom app is data consuming, you may need to lớn remove them & switch khổng lồ the mặc định view. This way, the Wi-Fi connection on your PC is used for the meeting alone and not for the filters.
1. Launch the Zoom app as done earlier.
2. Click on your Settings option at the top-right corner of the trang chủ page of your app.
3. Navigate lớn the Background & Filters tab in the left pane.
4. Choose the None option in the Virtual Backgrounds section.
Also Read: Fix Zoom is Unable khổng lồ Detect a Camera
Method 5: Turn Off clip in Meeting
If you cannot attend a Zoom gọi or have a meeting ID error, you can try turning off your camera and joining the meeting. Lớn turn off your đoạn phim on the Zoom app, follow the steps below.
1. Open the Zoom app on your system as done earlier.
2. Click on the Settings option at the top-right corner of the phầm mềm window.
3. Navigate lớn the Video tab in the left pane.
4. Tìm kiếm for the Turn off my clip when joining meeting option and check the box next khổng lồ it.
Note: This method can allow you to lớn attend the gọi without your live video, but the disturbance and the need having lớn re-enter your meeting ID after an error can be eliminated.
Method 6: Switch lớn Portrait View in Zoom App
If the Zoom gọi cannot be stable in the Landscape view of the app, & you are prompted to enter your meeting ID repeatedly, you can try switching to lớn Portrait View.
1. Launch Zoom Client as done previously.
2. Click on your profile picture at the top-right corner of the app home page.
3. Select the option Switch to Portrait View on the thực đơn displayed.
4. Now, you will see the Zoom phầm mềm on Portrait view. Try joining the meeting in this view.
Also Read: Fix Zoom Audio Not Working Windows 10
Method 7: Sign Out of All Devices và Login in One Device Only
If you have logged in lớn different devices or if there are multiple logins on a system, you may not be able to lớn attend the Zoom call, và you will receive an error message. In this case, you need to sign out of all the devices và sign in khổng lồ your tài khoản on the device you are using.
1. Go khổng lồ Zoom website using Google Chrome on your PC and sign in lớn your account.
2. On your account’s trang chủ page, select the Profile tab under PERSONAL.
3. Scroll down to the bottom and click Sign Me Out From All Devices.
4. Sign in lớn your tài khoản on the Zoom ứng dụng on your PC and try connecting lớn the Zoom call using the meeting ID.
Method 8: Clear Cache on Zoom App
You can clear the cache files on your Zoom tiện ích by following the steps mentioned in this method. This will allow you lớn connect to lớn your Zoom calls easily & speed up the phầm mềm on your PC.
1. Launch the Zoom app on your system as done earlier.
2. Click on your profile picture at the top-right corner.
3. Select Settings.
4. Navigate to lớn the Zoom Apps tab in the left pane.
5. Click on the Clear button next to lớn the setting Zoom Apps Local phầm mềm Data & Cookies.
6. Click on the Clear button in the confirmation window khổng lồ clear the cache files on the app.
Also Read: How to lớn Turn Off my Camera on Zoom?
Method 9: Disable Proxy and VPN (If Applicable)
You might be using VPN to provide you with privacy while surfing online. However, it may conflict with the functioning of certain apps. Hence, you may need lớn turn it off. Read our guide on How lớn Disable VPN và Proxy on Windows 10. If the issue is resolved, you can set it up & enable VPN later.
Method 10: Reinstall Zoom app
If there is still a problem with the Zoom app, you can try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it from the official website.
1. Press the Windows key, type Control Panel and click on Open.
2. Now, set View by > Large icons & select the Programs và Features option.
3. Now, on the list, click on Zoom and select the Uninstall option.
4. Then, confirm Uninstall in the pop-up prompt. Then, reboot your PC after uninstallation is completed.
5. Download Zoom from the official website.
6. Now, launch the ZoomInstaller file.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation on your PC.
In this article, you have learned how to fix Zoom invalid meeting ID error. So, if you see this error next time you try to connect khổng lồ a Zoom call, you can rely on this article. Try implementing the methods explained to lớn fix Invalid Meeting ID error on Zoom. Please drop your valuable suggestions or post your queries in the comments section regarding the content of this article. Also, let us know what you want to lớn learn next.